Sunday, February 2, 2014

Seasons: the FEB-ibig month

This has been ellefnuJy
February it is! The love month.

I came across a lot of friends in Facebook who started posting about anything related to love, may it be about marriage, having a lasting relationship and even how to be a happy single.

Unlike anybody else, this isn't a month I am dreading about because I am single nor looking forward to because I might just find "the one" (hahaha). But really, I love this month because of so many things.

First, because it's my father's birthday on the 11th. Second, because it's the Flower Festival month in Baguio. I'd never experienced it so, i'd like to visit this year and enjoy this much talk about festival. Thirdly, it's two months away from summer vacation. I don't think this is shallow. A little rest would give us time to reflect and rejuvenate (and maybe, get back in shape, or just enjoy the free abundance your home province can offer, talking about those fresh fruits... yum!). And of course, you get to travel too!

And finally, I get to learn about dealing with relationships. I get to be reminded how important it is to wait and stay faithful to "the one". You see, at church, we have this new series entitled, "It's not that complicated." This series is not just for those who are single or in a relationship (boyfriend/girlfriend stage). The series is also for the married couples and parents.

On the first week, just today, we learned about the love story of Isaac and Rebecca. I love Isaac. His life story was not as elaborated as the other patriarchs. He was the obedient son who was about to be offered, the man who was passed his marrying age and yet found the right wife and the father who had blessed his not-so-favorite son, Jacob. and Rebecca, I never gave a second thought of Rebecca before. I just knew that she was the mother whose favorite is the smooth-skinned Jacob (who is Israel). but after today, I see why she is chosen to be the wife of Isaac, a part of the family. She is Hardworking, Hospitable and Honorable (that's a triple H!). I knew I would love to be like her.

These two never had the usual courtship, dating, engaged stages. In fact, they never saw each other's faces before getting married. But because of God's trustworthiness, the two were married, an act of love. and Isaac loved Rebecca. An act of love followed by the emotion of love.

This love month, let's not be in a rush of finding "the one". For ladies, it is the men's responsibility to do the search and the chase. We do the wait and not the other way around. Both must be prepared.

Ladies, just like Rebecca, let's be honorable, hospitable and hardworking that by the time we get to meet him, we can be sure to serve him and the future kids (not as a servant but as a wife and a mother). Let's prepare while we wait. And please, be wise, do not just give yourself to anyone just because he is handsome, or smart, or seem like the right one at the moment. Do not collect and collect and in the end get your heart broken several times. Be wise: wait and prepare.

For men, as Pastor Noel said, women of honorable character are found in the house of worship. Do not go 'hunting' (excuse me for the term) in bars. Go for the keeps!

"Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the LORD."
                                                                                         - Proverbs 19:14

and there are a lot more in Proverbs that tells about finding the wife of noble character. It's a wonderful book.

Oh, and to end this blog, here's Princess Ana and Prince Hans. Everybody loves Frozen, right? Let's not be like them.


Just because you finish each other's, errr, sandwiches. Just because you feel compatible. It's Love.


Oh no no! remember Love is more than a feeling. It is a commitment!

To read more about Isaac and Rebecca, open your Bible to Genesis 24 (the longest chapter in Genesis)

To learn more and listen to podcasts about this series, please do visit victory.org.ph
 

| FAITH. HOPE. and Junfelle LOVE | Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos