Sunday, February 27, 2011

Heart for the Philippines

This has been ellefnuJy
I've always been wanting to be in the mission field. As I can remember, I even posted here that I would love to go to France. As a preparation, I took up a beginner's course (French 10) here in UP. But there was this twist.

I have two posts about the Philippines:"Why Be Proud of our Filipino Artists" and "The Essence of the Filipino Youth." This posts tell me of how much I love the Philippines that I was burdened with my county's situation.

Today, I finished reading the chapter on praying for the nation from the book "Making Prayer a Way of Life" by a Filipino Christian author, William B. Girao. As I read along the final pages of this chapter which transformed Daniel 9:4-19 into a prayer for the Philippines, I couldn't help but cry. I'm so burdened with our people - from our leaders to the common people. I'm so ashamed that we bare the name "a Christian country." I'm so ashamed to God because He is identified with what is happening to our country. What has become of us is we are being scorned by almost all nations. And it hurts me when we are always associated as a slave race. Who wants that?

Reflecting on this, I feel so ashamed to God but I also pity our nation. But this does not mean, I end up just pitying. I felt the urgency to intercede for our country.

God is Almighty, All-powerful and All-knowing. He is merciful. He loves forgiveness. God chose the Philippines to bare His name. He has great plans for the Philippines so that every nation will know that we are His and He is our God. We, as a people, must claim that and act the way we should be.

I believe that if everyone will do his part of the puzzle, it is not far that the Philippines will correct the wrongs done and maximize its potentials. The Church must be fearless and bold in proclaiming the Gospel. Christlike character must be imbibed in us because Christ came here to save us and to show us the way. He is the model of perfection.
 

| FAITH. HOPE. and Junfelle LOVE | Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos