I thought of going home this sembreak when i learned that classes will start on November 12. Isang buwan din yon!
But my parents didn't agree, asking "bakit ka pa uuwi? Walang tao sa bahay. We're very busy." (My parents are school administrators and have a lot of school stuff to do even during sembreak.)
I didn't answer then. Because i didn't know how to phrase it so that it won't sound too cheesy nor impractical. But my answer would be,
"I'm on my second year in med school now. I only got 2 sembreaks, 2 Christmas breaks and a summer vacation to spend before clerkship, internship, board review, residency... And finally work. I am very tired here."
And I simply miss HOME. Though Manila has a lot of activities to offer for me to enjoy, relax during the break, HOME is different. HOME is where the heart is, or maybe i'm just too filial.
This must be the downside of leaving home so early. I've been here since I was 16. In the past years, not all my vacations were spent at home as well, kaya siguro i feel like this. And what more, most of my friends are already working and others are going home.
But then again, kahit gaano pa ako mag-sulk, magself-pity at lahat na, may little voice na nagreremind sa akin ng Ecclesiastes 3:1,
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
Maybe, this season is different. Maybe, God is up to something for me this season. Maybe, I have something to accomplish this season and it's not in our home. I only got "maybes" and "what ifs". And this prayer just came in my heart that,
"God, provide that desire in my heart. Let me be more excited for this season. Take away this longing and loneliness away that I may completely and wholly do your will."
But on another bright side, at least di ko kailangang magparebook at gumastos pa ng malaki. Truly, everything has its purpose. And I thank my parents for being very practical. Indeed, they know best.
#lookatthebrightside #staypositive
"Taste and see that the Lord is good." -Psalm 34:8