I really like this professor of mine. She really invests on us, challenges us and inspires us. Basically, since ever, I mean ever since she has become our teacher, like some semesters ago, she always reminds us to read and read in advance. We always have to be prepared for the lesson. I heard that she said that, but I don't usually heed that. Thus, the low participation, low exam scores and little retention of the topic.
I was usually a very diligent student, I study and read ahead. Oh well, I just learned the reason why we have to do advance reading/studying because if we do that, we can ask clarification from the teacher during discussion, thus more learning. And most of all, it honors GOD.
I really felt ashamed whenever I couldn't answer my professor because I wasn't always sure of my answers as they were just fragmented memories. Now totally, seeing how disgusted my professor was with our performance, I looked back and assessed myself. Yes! I hadn't exerted my best effort yet. I know I have a lot to show, as well my classmates. Our professor also deserve good students' participation and grades as she researched, studied and really prepared for the lesson. I salute her and all the professors and teachers who do the same. (that's why I wanted to become an educator when I was younger.)