I always felt this way when I'm not happy of someone's actions or the words that come out of his/her mouth. And I've been feeling this way a lot lately.
I have a lot of circles of friends. Certainly, there are circles where I felt like an outsider. I felt this way because I don't identify by what they do nor by what they say. Those situations include when a friend says curses as expressions in troubled even in happy times, when friends drinks and smokes just because they're used to these and have problems or needs strength to face/say something, when green jokes are involved, when a friend has low expectations of his/herself as well as of others and when they talk or do some things because most people do those and therefore, it wouldn't feel as a heavy sin as they should be.
C'mon! It's hurting too much! How much more our Father in heaven who sees everything we do/think and everything we'll do/think. Sobrang sakit nun kasi sobrang mahal Niya tayo.
These friends of mine I love so much because I know how much Dydda loves them too. I'm not saying that I'm perfect and have not sinned. In fact, we are all equal. It's just that everyday God is cultivating my heart making it more like His own. That's why the problem is with me as well, I hadn't stood up strong and still enough for Dydda, not proclaiming His Good News to my friends. That, too, breaks His heart. But still He did not give up on me. I believe their time will come when God will beautifully prepare their way to Him. "There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1).
__________________________________________________________________________________
Reading from Ptr. Dennis Sy's blog on Willie Revillame and the kid Janjan, as he performed a macho dance for a talent portion of Willie's show, I was also hurt about some of the comments. There were people who said that the writer is OA, over reacting and close-minded, stating that he is just making this a big fuss.
Who wouldn't? C'mon! Does it categorize as close-mindedness when someone reacts and thinks more about something? Does open-mindedness equate to just accepting everything because it's the norm, everyone does it, enjoys it? Ha! Think about that?
What happened to Janjan is not just the host's, Willie, responsibility. It is the parents, the mass media (every programs), the older individuals who are certain of what is right and what is wrong. In short, it's everybody's responsibility. And if we don't do something about this, it may happen over and over again to different kids, the future generation.
It's not something that we have to overlook. This is something that tells how we see ourselves. We must think about such things, not to make life complicated but to make life live to its fullest especially for the younger and future generations.