for the past few days, i've been downloading from youtube.com some of the remarkable songs in the Philippine music industry. and as I kept on hearing their voices, I was amazed at how talented and wonerful their voices are, not to mention the music they produce. Though some of the songs they sang are just renditions of American music, I still am in awe of their talent - how soft their voices are, how they cleanly reach the high and low notes and how their voices blend in duets.
Some of the artists who are currently in my playlist are: Jed Madela (my all-time favorite), Martin Nievera (his love songs are for weddings lol), Ogie alcasid and richard poon (who both have their on version of "Kasama Kang Tumanda", the Tagalog version of "Growing Old With You." Of course, there's international star Christian Bautista, the Prince of Pop, Eric Santos, Toni Gonzaga, the bossa nova singer Sitti Navarro and Asia's Songbird who recently tied the knot with mr. Alcasid (the songwriter), Regine Velasquez-Alcasid. And, I'm hoping that I may hear rom all the other artists as well such as the now, Hollywood star Charice Pempengco, my favorite actress Zsa Zsa Padilla, Mr. Pure Energy Gary Valenciano, Aiza Seguerra, Juris Fernandez, Sarah Geronimo who's dance moves really send chill to my spine and all the other amazing singers I forgot to mention.
well, I'm actually noticing the decline of the Philippine Music Industry. or is it just because I don't watch TV recently. Anyhow, a lot foreign artists are coming on tour in the country. I believe it's great because foreigners are now noticing us. Yes, it's really nice to have them here but i hope as much as we support their concerts so we must support ours too, with greater intensity. I believe their just ahead of us in terms of materials. But in terms of talent, we do not only reach their level but also go beyond it.
I don't think going to a local artist's concert is cheap as I've heard from most students here. I believe it's more of being proud to be a Filipino. Not much of a patriotic side, but just being "mayabang" that you belong to this nation.
This goes also to our movie and TV industries, though there are really a lot of things to improve :) I believe, the Philippines, for it to be able to get out from where it is now is that we, the Filipino people, must recognize that individually, we can and by unity, we will be.
Cheers to the Filipino Artists. Cheers to the Filipino people.