Saturday, October 9, 2010

I will buy a French dictionary

This has been ellefnuJy
I've always loved learning languages. Being a Filipino, I'd love to learn all the 8 major languages in the country - Tagalog, Cebuano, Hiligaynon, Ilocano, Bicolano, Pangasinense, Waray and I forgot.. the first three of course are the major languages I am using everyday. Tagalog or Filipino has the bulk of my conversations since I am studying in Manila which major language is Tagalog. Furthermore, Manila has the most diverse people, as people from the provinces take a leap for a "better" future in the Capital. Hiligaynon is my mother tongue. I grew up in a community full of Hiligaynon speakers. As for Cebuano, it is the family's (meaning including my greatgrandparents) mother tongue. Most of the people from Mindanao (our place) came from the Visayas region, so there is the dominance of Cebuano and Hiligaynon speakers.of course, English will always be in the converstion. We, Bisaya or Mindanaoans, I believe, has known more English words than Filipino words. well, it might be because, as we entered school, English is the medium of instruction and all the books are in English. We only had Filipino subject when we reached Grade 1.

So, What about French? French is my dream language; I guess most of us are. Even if not so, I believe the French language has caught every attention as it is considered, if not, one of the most romantic languages in the world. So, I'm really interested in learning it. I guess that would be easy for me (I thought). because I love the language.

But now, everything changed. I don't only love the language but I also love to minister to the people. everything changed. before, I was only this girl aspiring to enter in one of the best medical schools here in the Philippines and become a medical doctor. but now, I went back to my previous plan - to become a missionary medical doctor. Everything changed. I want to study medicine in France. I haven't heard anything about their medical schools yet but I believe they are as good as others.

before, I was only planning to take a French subject. But now, I will be taking A French Subject next sem. i hope my schedule would allow me to do such. You know, it really triggered me when my small group leader as well as friend messaged me about a planned 10-day mission of our church to France. I want to be one of the short-term missionaries. I believe this is God impressing me of His move in my life; I also need a vision from Him. So, I really want to be in the team. I want and need to be trained and molded.

so, this is why I will buy a French Dictionary.
 

| FAITH. HOPE. and Junfelle LOVE | Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos